School hours are Monday-Friday 8:30–12:30, Tuesday–Friday 8:30–4:30. The full-time daily schedule is:
- 8:20am Arrive in proper uniform, set up your station and clock in
- 8:30am Class begins
- 8:30am-10:00am Participate in theory
- Lunch Take a 30-minute lunch break
- 4:00-4:30 Complete your assigned sanitation duty before clocking out
During severe weather, we will close when Brazosport College closes.
Code of Professional Ethics
Students are expected to be on time; bring complete kit, smock and textbooks to school each day; maintain a professional appearance and good personal hygiene; behave in a professional manner, and treat students, clients and staff with respect and courtesy at all times. Do not use profanity, inappropriate language or vulgar gestures; do not gossip.
Your appearance should be clean and profession, Black Scrubs Only will be required
- a plain shirt without logos, writing or emblems; it shall not be lingerie or have see-through fabric
- shoes can be any color but must enclose the entire foot (no house shoes or furry shoes)
- fastened smock, name tag visible at all times
- any jewelry should be in good taste and not promote obscenity, lewd behavior, or vulgarity
Students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade average of 70% to be making satisfactory academic progress. Students will be evaluated on theory, clinic and practical work. The grading scale is A: 90%-100%; B: 80%-89%; C: 70%-79%.
Satisfactory attendance and academic progress is a requirement for all students. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative attendance of 67% of their published schedule to be making satisfactory attendance progress. The academic program is measured in actual clock hours. Daily attendance including tardies, early time-outs and absences will be evaluated. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade average of 70% to be making satisfactory academic progress. Students must complete the educational program in no more than 150% of the published length of the program.
You can download our Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here.
Students are eligible for graduation after completing all written, practical and clinic work with a minimum cumulative grade of 70%, completing 2 comprehensive written finals with a minimum grade of 85%, attaining at least a 85% on the Mock State Board Practical Exam, complete all exit paperwork, and attend an exit interview, completing the clock hours and practical operations required by TDLR and making satisfactory arrangements for payment of all debts to the school. After graduation, the student receives a diploma. Students are qualified to practice cosmetology in Texas once they pass the State exam process, pay for a license and receive it.
Levels of Corrective Action
A student may be advised by Natural Images Beauty College regarding attendance, academic grades or conduct by any of the following actions:
1. Verbal Warning
4. Termination from enrollment
For applicants who cancel enrollment or students who withdraw from enrollment a fair and equitable settlement will apply. The following policy will apply to all terminations for any reason, by either party, including student decision, course or program cancellation, or school closure.
Any monies due to applicant shall be refunded within 30 days of official cancellation or withdrawal. Official cancellation or withdrawal shall occur on the earlier of the dates that:
1. An applicant is not accepted by the school. The applicant shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid except registration fee.
2. A student (or in the case of a student under legal age, his/her parent or guardian) cancels his/her enrollment in writing within three business days of signing the enrollment agreement. In this case all monies collected by the school shall be refunded, regardless of whether or not the student has actually started classes.
3. A student cancels his/her enrollment after three business days of signing the contract but prior to starting classes. In these cases he/she shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid to the school less the registration fee in the amount of $100.
4. A student notifies the institution of his/her withdrawal in writing.
5. A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he/she will not be returning. The date of withdrawal shall be the earlier of the date of expiration of the leave of absence one the date the student notifies the institution that the student will not be returning.
6. A student is expelled by the school. (Unofficial withdrawals, the cancelation date will be determined by the institution by monitoring attendance at least every 30 days.)
7. In type 2, 3, 4 or 5, official cancellations or withdrawals, the cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on the written notification, or the date said notification is delivered to the school administrator or owner in person.
For students who enroll and begin classes but withdraw prior to course completion (after three business days of signing the contract), the following schedule of tuition earned by the school applies. All refunds are based on scheduled hours:
|PERCENT OF SCHEDULED TIME ENROLLED TO TOTAL COURSE / PROGRAM||TOTAL TUITION SCHOOL SHALL RECEIVE / RETAIL|
|1 week to 150 hours||10%|
|151 hours to 3 weeks||20%|
|3 weeks to 375 hours||25%|
|376 hours to 750 hours||50%|
|751 hours to 1500 hours||100%|
All refunds will be calculated based on the students last date of attendance. Any monies due a student who withdraws shall be refunded within 30 days of determination that a student has withdrawn, whether officially or unofficially. In the case of disabling illness or injury, death in the student’s immediate family or other documented mitigating circumstances, a reasonable and fair refund settlement will be made. If permanently closed or no longer offering instruction after a student has enrolled, the school will provide a pro rata refund of tuition to the student or provide course completion through a pre-arranged teach out agreement with another institution. If the course is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course at a later time.
Students who withdraw or terminate prior to course completion are charged a cancellation or administrative fee of $100.00. This refund policy applies to tuition and fees charged in the enrollment agreement. Other miscellaneous charges the student may have incurred at the institution (EG: extra kit materials, books, products, unreturned school property, etc.) will be non-refundable at the time of withdrawal. All fees are identified in the catalog and in this enrollment agreement.
All refunds comply with mandated policies according to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations. Under mitigating circumstances tuition refund could exceed the minimum tuition adjustment.
Title IV Refund Policy
A refund for tuition to a student withdrawing before completion of the course, shall have the refunds/adjustments applied proportionally to Federal Funds, Private Aid (rehabilitation etc.), then to the student in accordance with the most recent state and/or US Department of Education guidelines. Any monies due the student and or other entity shall be refunded within 45 days of formal cancellation of the student as defined, formal termination by the school which shall occur no more than 45 days from the last day of physical attendance, date of determination by the school that the student is not returning, or in the case of leave of absence, the document date of scheduled return.
The school is currently eligible to participate in Federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs.
Student files are private. Information in the students file will only be released to the student or the parent/legal guardian of a minor-age student. The student or parent/legal guardian of a minor-age student may request in writing to release the information to another party.
A smoke-free environment is provided for all students, clients and staff. Students may smoke outdoors behind the school building. Students may not congregate or loiter in front of the school or near any surrounding businesses at any time.